Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all who use The Mentor Network website. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about a mentor/coach or a mentee/coachee, please read ‘What if the mentoring relationship goes wrong?’ in our FAQ’s.
If you have a complaint about The Mentor Network or this website, please contact us with the details. We will respond as soon as we possibly can and within three weeks, to consider your complaint.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to members of The Mentor Network Working Team, who will review your matter and aim to speak to the mentor who you are in contact with.
- A member of The Mentor Network will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. S/he will do this within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. The meeting may be held on the phone, face to face or on digital meeting place, such as Skype or Zoom.
- Within three days of the meeting, The Mentor Network will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions TMN have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, The Mentor Network will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including any suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for an external person to The Mentor Network to review the decision and conclusion, comment, and provide an appropriate alternative course of action, if applicable.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.